Ghee or clarified butter is a magical golden substance that makes everything cook well and taste better. This dairy staple has long been glorified by Ayurveda and now it has become popular worldwide for its versatility as well as for health benefits. But, do you know about Cultured Ghee? It is slightly different from the usual ghee. The main difference is their manufacturing process.
How is Cultured Butter Made?
Cultured ghee is also known as “Probiotic ghee” because the cultured butter used in it, derives from milk in a natural fermentation process. The regular ghee is made from butter which is made either from sweet cream or from cultured cream.
In the normal ghee making process, the dairy butter is boiled so that milk proteins like lactose and casein get removed. In the fragmentation process, due to the chemical reaction lactose gets eliminated making it more digestion friendly. To make this special kind of ghee, cultured butter is converted into cultured cream. The culture induces the cream with good bacteria that promotes overall health.
User Friendliness in Cooking
Cultured ghee is a shelf-stable cooking ingredient which can be stored without any refrigeration support for 12-18 months. Ghee also offers a higher smoke point which is about 485° Fahrenheit. This high-temperature is perfect for grilling, baking, deep frying, sautéing etc. Just make sure you preserve it in a dry dark shelf, away from the sunlight.
There are numerous advantages of adding ghee into your daily diet.
- Digestion Friendliness: People with lactose-intolerance can consume cow ghee without any tension. As the fragmentation process converts lactose in cultured cream, it becomes a zero lactose product. The presence of lactic acid in it is safe for lactose-intolerant people.
- Cultured grass-fed ghee contains butyrate which is a well-known supplement for colon care. Those who are suffering from constipation can get relief by adding ghee into their daily diet.
- Clarified butter contains CLA which helps in healthy weight loss.
- This super food also has several fat-soluble vitamins into it like vitamin A, D, E and K.
- Ghee is a memory booster. Add it to your diet and it will improve your brain function. It is good for kids and aged people as in both cases the ghee in the diet favorably boosts brain health.
Looking for good quality ghee? You can purchase Milkio Cultured Ghee, made from 100% grass-fed cow’s milk. Milkio is a leading ghee manufacturer and exporter in New Zealand. Milkio ghee is USDA certified, free from added color, preservatives and artificial flavor. You can buy it online as well from the regular retail market.