The Indian government has recently announced to set a cap for the cost of medical device margins at 65%. Thus, availing medical devices is set to become much more affordable than before. So if you are planning to undertake a project regarding primary health care set up, now is a good time to invest in purchasing new medical equipment.
Even with a cap on medical equipment price margin, getting new devices for your primary health care set up can be quite cost-intensive. However, you can avail a doctor business loan to provide your medical equipment financing in India easily.
Following is a comprehensive list of medical equipment that you should have for your primary health care set up and how you can finance it easily.
A comprehensive list of primary medical equipment
Setting up a primary healthcare facility is a long drawn process which requires careful planning. One of the important parts of the process is preparing a list of medical equipment for the facility. There is also the question of- leasing vs buying which strategy you should adopt for your clinic equipment.
If you choose to buy the equipment, before applying for medical equipment financing in India, you should get an idea of the needs of your facility.
Following is a shortlist of basic equipment that every primary healthcare set up should have
- Basic diagnostic equipment like a thermometer, blood pressure monitor, pulse oximeter, etc.
- Bodyweight scales
- Emergency supplies like oxygen mask and cylinders, resuscitation bag, aspirators, etc.
- Automated external defibrillators
- ECG units and other necessary accessories
- Tympanometer or Audiometer
- Laboratory equipment for diagnostics like a microscope, centrifuge, freezer, chemistry/glucose/urine analysers
- Stainless steel equipment
- Specialised equipment like foetal monitor, spirometer, etc.
- Point of care medical equipment
- Various types of exam tables
- Protective equipment like aprons, gloves, lab coats, face masks
- Stainless steel equipment
- X-ray machines
- Water filtration system
Apart from these, there are numerous other equipment that you can get for your primary healthcare facility.
Apart from the medical equipment, you should also pay attention to the following areas to ensure that your healthcare facility is well equipped-
- Waiting and office room furniture
- Appliances like coffee machine, refrigerator, microwave, etc.
- Wall decorations, especially for the paediatric room
- Telephones and television
Now, the biggest concern about getting the equipment is arranging for the funds to pay for them. But with sources of business finance like loans, you can get new equipment or upgrade your existing equipment quite easily.
Finance sources for medical equipment
There are several financial institutions that provide advances to cater to the specific needs of medical professionals. A business loan for doctors is one such unsecured loan option that you can avail for medical equipment financing in India. There are several advantages of availing this advance.
- A hefty loan amount value of up to Rs. 32 Lakh.
- A flexible loan tenor, ranging between 12 months and 96 months.
- Quick processing and easy disbursal facilities. You can avail the loan within 24 hours of applying.
- You don’t need to pledge any collateral or provide a guarantor to avail the doctor loan.
Eligibility to avail the advance
You need to comply with the following eligibility criteria to avail this medical equipment financing in India-
- For super-specialist doctors- they can avail this advance without any post-qualification experience.
- For graduate doctors- a minimum post-qualification experience of 2 years.
- For dentists- a minimum post-qualification experience of 5 years.
- Homoeopathy/BHMS and Ayurvedic doctors- a minimum post-qualification experience of 6 years. They should also own a clinic or house.
- Homeopathy/DHMS doctors- a minimum post-qualification experience of 15 years. They should own a house or clinic.
Thus, to avail doctor loan as sources of business finance, the respective doctors have to comply with the eligibility criteria mentioned above. Also, if you are looking to avail the advance, make sure you check the documents required to make the process of availing the loan hassle-free.